Utilizamos cookies propias para realizar un seguimiento de las interacciones de los usuarios en el sitio web y la actividad general de la misma.

Si usted continúa navegando, consideramos que acepta su uso. Puede cambiar la configuración y obtener más información. Usted puede leer más en nuestra Politica De Privacidad.


Grupo Ortiz has begun to investigate opportunities to build power projects under the EPC or “turnkey” mode in Honduras, since renewable energies are making headway in the country. In 2010, Honduras depended 70% on thermoelectric power, but now this dependence has been reduced to 54%, meaning that the remaining 46% of electricity now comes from renewable sources.

Honduras aims to have a power grid with a predominance of renewable sources. The National Plan states that by 2022, 60% of national demand will be supplied by renewable sources.

This plan to change the country’s power grid includes various renewable energy projects approved by the National Congress, totalling an output of 700 MW divided into 49 projects to be implemented from 2011 to 2018.

The Expansion Plan of the National Electricity Company (ENEE) estimates the entry into operation of an additional 745 MW of private renewable energy from 2013 to 2018.

Major development is expected in this country, since the Honduran Chamber of the Construction Industry (CHICO) estimates that the sector will grow by over 4% this year and measures have been promoted to encourage the investment of foreign businesses in the country.

In August 2014, Ortiz Energía Honduras began its first project in the country, the construction of a 43 MWp photovoltaic plant under an EPC contract called "Marcovia Project" with a lead time of 11 months, and its subsequent O&M period of 3 years, extendable. Marcovia Solar was opened in June 2015. 

Main projects

Solar Photovoltaic Plant (35,55 MWp) in Nacaome.

"Marcovia Solar" Photovoltaic Power Plant (43 MWp), in Marcovia, Choluteca Department.

© 2011 Grupo Ortiz. All rights reserved